Come with an open mind, willing to listen and learn, and meet women who care about the Chippewa Valley.
Becoming a Member
To join you commit to:
- Donate $100 each quarter for one year. ($400 per year)
- Donate to the nonprofit selected by the membership at each meeting, even if the selected recipient wasn't your choice or you did not attend the meeting. Checks should be made out directly to the selected charity at the end of the meeting. All checks are collected and presented to the selected charity.
- If you are unable to attend a meeting, you may send your check with a friend or send your check directly to the selected nonprofit within three (3) days of the meeting.
- Voting Conflict - Members who are employed in paid or non-paid positions (employees or board/committee members) with a charity that is selected to present must abstain from the vote during that quarterly meeting. This abstention is in effect for only that meeting where the charity is presenting but the voting member must still participate financially in that quarterly meeting. This abstention is also required for board/committee members during the top three charity selection process.
Top 10 Reasons to Join
10. Our meetings last just one hour—TOPS!
9. This is major fundraising without having to plan or attend yet another fundraising event.
8. You’ll meet amazing women, all involved in interesting careers and activities.
7. You’ll learn about a wide variety of local charities and hear how they are supporting the community.
6. You’ll see exactly what impact your donation has made - past impact recipients are asked back to share how they used the donation.
5. You’ll be able to nominate local organizations you're passionate about and let others know about their good work.
4. You’ll be able to have an impact on your community, even if you personally can’t commit a lot of time to volunteering.
3. 100% of your donation goes directly to the charity.
2. You can greatly increase the dollar impact of your own contribution on your local community by pooling it with the contributions of other women.
AND THE #1 REASON TO JOIN? . . . IT JUST MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD!
The concept of 100 Women is elegantly simple. Learn how the group operates and what drives our decisions.
Our next meeting is Tuesday, August 13 at Leinie's Lodge. Social hour at 5:30 PM, meeting starts promptly at 6:00 PM.
Meet the founding members of the Eau Claire branch who oversee the administration, event management, communications, promotion and governance of the group.