How It Works
Fast Philanthropy – It's Simple!
We will donate $10,000+ to one local nonprofit in one hour. How do we do it? Members (100+ women) will meet four times a year for one hour each time. At each meeting, we will hear a five-minute elevator speech from three different local charitable organizations who need our financial help to succeed. Together we will donate $40,000+ per year to local nonprofit organizations and charities. Come with an open mind, willing to listen & learn, and meet women who care about our communities.
Our Movement in Numbers
- 100 Women+, 100+ Votes
- 1 Winner per Meeting, 4 Winners per Year
- 30 Minutes of Socializing (Optional)
- 1 Hour Meeting, 4 Times Each Year
- 3 Local Nonprofits/Charities per Meeting
- 5 Minute Elevator Speeches
- $100 Checks from 100+ Women
- $400 per Woman per Year
- $10,000+ Donation in One Hour
- $40,000+ Total Donation per Year
Reasons You Should Join
- You can only donate $100 - no more, no less
- It's quick and easy - we only meet four times a year for one hour each time
- Fast philanthropy - giving back and making a huge impact together
- Networking and socializing with other local women for a good cause
- Learn about local nonprofit organizations and how they're helping our local communities
Charity Selection, Voting & Payment
- All donations will be given to charities or causes serving Eau Claire, Chippewa or Dunn County. No national charities will be considered, however, local branches of national charities are eligible for consideration. The purpose is for 100% of the contribution to stay in this region.
- Members may nominate their favorite local charity and may nominate as many as they wish. Eligible charities/causes must have 501(c)(3) status. Once eligibility is determined by the 100+ Women Who Care Board of Directors, charities are then placed on a ballot and board members vote for three charities to present at the following meeting.
- A representative from each of the three charities is invited to make a 5-minute presentation at the meeting. A brief question and answer period will follow.
- By ballot, members will then vote individually for one of the three charities to receive the collective donation. The majority rules. All members must donate to the cause voted in.
- Voting Conflict - Members who are employed in paid or non-paid positions (employees or board/committee members) with a charity that is selected to present must abstain from the vote during that quarterly meeting. This abstention is in effect for only that meeting where the charity is presenting but the voting member must still participate financially in that quarterly meeting. This abstention is also required for board/committee members during the top three charity selection process.
- Each member writes a $100 check at each meeting to donate to the selected local charity. ($400 per year, just over $1 a day). The member contributes even if they are unavailable to attend the meeting.
- For those unable to attend any given meeting during the year, checks may be given to a member to vote and deliver on that member’s behalf, or members may place the check in the mail within three (3) business days following the meeting.
Become part of this exciting group! Your membership allows us to support local nonprofits in Chippewa, Dunn, and Eau Claire counties.
The concept of 100 Women is elegantly simple. Learn how the group operates and what drives our decisions.
Meet the founding members of the Eau Claire branch who oversee the administration, event management, communications, promotion and governance of the group.